Rants     Reads     Mailbox     Movies    

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home x A Lovey-dovey Day


Happy Valentine's Day!




Me and my Valentine.

Looks like my plan to update my blog weekly has failed. Due to my many assignments for the week (and also three exams this coming week), I will try not to spend too much time writing now (not that I did not waste my time watching Korean dramas...). Anyway, I would like to wish everyone I love a "Happy Valentine's Day". Not being able to spend the day with all those I love today but it does not matter because other days that we got to spend together are so much more precious and special than this particular day. Who would want to join the crowd at the shopping malls, restaurants and cinemas watching romantic movies at this day of the year? As a consolation, I watched as many episodes of drama as I want and listened to love songs to commemorate this day while doing my homework at the sametime (at a super slow pace. Anyhow, tonight I would be having some good fun cooking and dining with a good friend.

This Chinese New Year, I have returned home for fifteen days. And it is the most special time of all that I have spent in Malaysia. Being away from home, I missed my family and friends very much. Being able to be home and stay closer to my relatives and soulmate made my holidays a very enjoyable one, although I have to spend some days working on my assignments that are due on the days that I would not be in Hong Kong. Armed with my camera, I took many photos of everyone I met. The time spent home this time seem so much shorter than the year before as I have no time to be together with everyone I want to. Lucky that I got to meet almost everyone at least once. More importantly, I truly appreciated the time I got to spent with my immediate family and soulmate even though the time that we spent together were rather short but I was satisfied.

Upon returning to Hong Kong, my heart ached badly. I begin to realize that there are many important things and people around me that I may have ignored in the past due to my spending too much time facing the computer screen. Time flies. Therefore, I would always treasure every single moment that I get to spend with my loved ones as I would not know when I would meet them again. Take one of my best school friend, SY for example. I hated that I missed the chance to see her before she left the country but I have a feeling that we would meet some time very soon. Like love, friendships transcend boundaries. People do not have to meet or speak to one another everyday as long as the love and friendship connections exist between them. As friends and I grow up, we have lesser chance to meet due to incompatibility of our schedules but the best of friends stay together - forever. True friends are not easy to find - you can always count with one hand, or two at most, the number of true friends that one have.

My loved ones - family and friends:




That was her way of saying "goodbye" to me.




Glad to have celebrated Shawn's burfday!











Me at work. First time that I actually won a game. lolx. XD




My sifu at work. Look how straight his hand is!




And for those who did not go back with me...
This IS Malaysia.





Night view of the pretty vacant highways.



Hong Kong has one in the shape of a ship, Malaysia has one in the shape of a lion.


At the beach!











Was treated to a very good buffet dinner here before I left. Oysters were the size of my palm - or even bigger!




No durians and no dogs (although it says 'pets').





When you see these, you know it is Chinese New Year (since most restaurants are closed).




Many friends do not know about this so here are some photos of offerings to the God Emperor on the 8th night of the Lunar New Year:





Many also asked me what Malaysian food are so I took photos of some of the food that I had at home. I just realized that I lost some of the photos I took so there are not many here... (Uh, I just realized that I have accidently deleted many photos of food and I cannot trace any of them back...)





And lastly, view from inside the airplane on my way back to Hong Kong.

"I'll be back soon, Malaysia!"

1 comment:

  1. spending 6 days in kedah and the remaining 4 days in subang..i want more!!i want to eat more nasi lemak!

    ReplyDelete